Freight Forwarder’s Liability Insurance
The insurance covers forwarding services provided domestically and internationally, including:
- preparing shipping instructions
- signing carriage contracts and preparing shipping documents
- loading/unloading of shipments
- quantity and weight check of shipments
- marking shipments,
- packing and repacking goods,
- applying shipments for insurance,
- declaring shipments for customs clearance
- storing shipments for 30 days (with the exception of custom bonds or warehouses)
Additionally, the insurance may also cover the following aspects of logistics upon request and at no extra charge:
- order/shipment picking,
- packaging and customizing goods,
- distribution of goods.
The insurance may also cover liabilities for forwarding dangerous goods as stated in the insurance application in accordance with ADR and other regulations, except for class I and class VII ADR goods.
The sum insured remains the same throughout the whole policy period and is not reduced by the amount of damages paid.
When providing transportation or forwarding services using vehicles over 3,5 tons of allowable total weight, it is necessary to have the following documents:
- authorization for providing carriage services,
- licence for international road transport
- licence for forwarding in road transport of goods