Carrier’s liability insurance in domestic transport (OCP)
The insurance covers the liability of the carrier providing transportation of goods in accordance with the regulations (Carriage Law, Civil Law) on the basis of a consignment note in Poland.
Transportation of dangerous goods ADR, as well as loading and unloading of goods is guaranteed at no extra charge provided they are included in the transport order.
We recommend buying an additional insurance clause which covers damage caused by cargo theft
Supplementing the insurance
It is possible to supplement the liability insurance in domestic transport with the following::
- Dangerous goods insurance applicable to transportation in accordance with the Polish regulations regarding the transport of dangerous goods except for the class I and class VII goods of the European Agreement concerning the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road (ADR)
- Insurance for damage caused by cargo theft
- Insurance for the damage caused by handing over goods to an unauthorized consignee
- Insurance for the damage caused by the loss or misuse of documents listed in the consignment note (section 71 of carriage law)
- Insurance for the damage caused by not following the consigner’s instructions (section 70 of carriage law)
- Insurance for the damage of the shipment caused during the loading/unloading of goods, if the carrier is obliged to load/unload goods in the contract
- Insurance for the damage caused by the negligence of employees of the insurer or persons representing him or acting on his behalf, including damage caused by persons under the influence of alcohol or other intoxicative substances
WARTA SA Insurance and Reinsurance Company covers the following costs up to the sum declared in the insurance policy:
- Payment of the experts appointed by WARTA in order to determine the extent of the damage and the circumstances under which it damage arose,
- Costs incurred by the insurer regarding the prevention of damage or its reduction, including the costs of hoisting or hauling a vehicle in order to save the goods,
- Costs of reloading or storing goods including
- o removal of unserviceable cargo
- o utilization of unserviceable cargo
- Costs of legal representation in civil proceedings
WARTA SA Insurance and Reinsurance Company is liable for:
- Material damage occurring between the receipt and the issuing of goods,
- Financial loss occurring due to delays in delivery
Carriage Law (section 83.1) regarding delivery delay claims:
If the consignee has suffered loss (excluding damage of the cargo) due to delay of the shipment, the carrier shall pay damages amounting to double transport fee.
Carriage Law (section 5): liability of the carrier when delegating the transport to another carrier:
The carrier may delegate transport services to another carrier in whole or in part, but he remains entirely liable for their actions.
One must remember to always include the subcontractor’s seal and never to lend one’s permission or licence extract, as, according to road transport law, this may lead to revoking of licence.